2015. október 11., vasárnap

Twice-baked sweet potatoes with bacon and sour cream

One day, my husband told me cooked something Sweetie. There was at home a big sweet potato, left over sour cream, cheese...I have been thinking on this recipe for a while, so sweetie cooked something delicious for lunch. I found some Portobello mushrooms in the fridge, too. I baked it Aniko-style (She's my friend and when she was here, in Canada, she baked Portobello mushrooms on the same way).

Preparation time: 15-20 minutes
Ingredients for the sweet potato:

1 bigger sweet potato
4 slices of bacon (or more)
2 tablespoons sour cream (I used lactose free sour cream)
3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives (I used 2 fresh green onions instead)
2-3 tablespoons shredded cheddar or any kind of cheese

Preheat oven to 350° F (180° - 200° C). I cleaned potato with a brush. Pierce potato  with a fork, and arrange on paper towels. Microwave on high 8 minutes; turn potatoes over after 3-5 minutes. While I was "cooking" the potato I chop bacon, onion fine and I prepared the mushrooms.

Mushrooms:

2 bigger Portobello mushrooms (or any kind of bigger mushroom)
1 medium tomato
1 green onion
1-2 teaspoons of cream cheese
salt and pepper, thyme and whatever else you want to put in it

Wash and clean mushrooms. Chop off its stems but don't throw them out, use them. Scoop out the inside, leaving half inch-thick or less shell. Chop tomato, green onion and stems fine and mix them together with
spices and cream cheese. Spoon mixture into shells. I wrapped the mushrooms in aluminium foil and I put them in the oven.

When I put the mushrooms in the oven the potato had been ready.  Cut potato in half lengthwise, and scoop out the pulp, leaving 1/4-inch-thick shells. Mush pulp with bacon, sour cream, chives in a bowl. Spoon mixture into shells. Sprinkle shredded cheese over tops of potatoes. Put them next to the mushrooms in the oven. The recipe says microwave the potatoes on high 2 minutes. I chose oven instead.

I put the potatoes in an aluminium plate. By the time I put the potatoes in the oven the mushrooms had been baking for 10-12 minutes. I checked the mushrooms, I opened the foil basket and I put them back for more 10 minutes in the oven because around the mushrooms was juicy.
The total baking time was 30 minutes. It was so delicious and I think I will bake more mushrooms next time :) and maybe more sweet potato. I think you can use a regular potato instead of sweet potato. It could be also good and delicious.
And I don't know what is the difference between yam and sweet potato because once I buy sweet potato sometimes I just can buy yam and I can't see and taste the differences. So this is sweet potato recipe but that was yam :)

Bon appetit!

Sweet potato nutritional information:

Calories per serving:     341
Total fat:                      12 g
Protein:                        15 g
Carbohydrate:              57 g
             Fiber:                7 g
Cholesterol:                30 mg

Mushroom nutritional information:

Calories per serving:       97
Total fat:                       3.9 g
Protein:                        6.45 g
Total carbohydrate:      11.9 g
                     Fiber:      5.2 g
                    Sugar:      6.45 g
Cholesterol:                 10 mg

Nincsenek megjegyzések:

Megjegyzés küldése